Many Christians have made January 1 about their new goals—their financial goals, their career goals, and their health goals—a practice you’ll never see in the life of Jesus or any of his apostles. While there’s nothing wrong with resolution making, it’s amazing how easily we forget Jesus‘s grand promise, “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” The first week of the year is a moment which makes it very evident whose kingdom we are truly seeking—His or ours. In this episode, Dale and Veronica discuss what it means to be Christian in 2019.
In addition to our teaching time, we usually answer one-two critical questions from our listening audience. If we had a Q&A in this episode you can view those questions at the bottom of this page and hear our responses at the closing of this episode. Also, if you have a question you would like answered on the show, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scripture From This Episode
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
- Romans 10:9 “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- 1 John 4:1 “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
- John 8:31-32 “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
Questions Answered In This Episode
- I have a three-year-old son and a five-year-old daughter. Should my husband and I raise and discipline our son in a different way than we do our daughter?
This Week’s Memory Verse
- John 8:31 “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
Lastly, did anything stand out in this show? Do you have any comments, additions or questions? Let us know about them in the comments below.