The top three reasons for Christian divorce are sex, money, and children. Sadly, much of the church has adopted a secular perspective on money while neglecting to implement the Bible’s instruction for wealth. In this episode, Dale and Veronica discuss debt, saving, and the theology of biblical money management.
In addition to our teaching time, we answer two critical questions from our listening audience. You can view those questions at the bottom of this page and hear our responses at the closing of this episode. Also, if you have a question you would like answered on the show, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scripture From This Episode
- Matthew 7:3-5 “And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First, remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
- 1 Timothy 6:10 “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
- Proverbs 22:7 “The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.”
- Proverbs 13:22 “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children.”
- 1 Timothy 6:6: “Godliness with contentment is great gain.”
Questions Answered In This Episode
- What would your advice be to couples with separate bank accounts?
This Week’s Memory Verse
- Proverbs 22:7 “The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is slave to the lender.”
Lastly, did anything stand out in this show? Do you have any comments, additions or questions? Let us know about them in the comments below.