Where should Christian couples draw the line on entertainment in their home? What do you do if your spouse is uncomfortable with a certain movie or show you enjoy? What is actually sinful when it comes to media? Dale and Veronica look to the Bible as they answer these questions in this episode of Ultimate Marriage.
In addition to our teaching time, we usually answer one-two critical questions from our listening audience. If we had a Q&A in this episode you can view those questions at the bottom of this page and hear our responses at the closing of this episode. Also, if you have a question you would like answered on the show, please email us at email@example.com.
Scripture From This Episode
- Matthew 5:27-28 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
- 1 John 2:15-17 “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.”
- Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
- Titus 2:11-12 “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age…”
Questions Answered In This Episode
- How much TV and media do you allow your kids to watch per week?
This Week’s Memory Verse
- Philippians 4:8: “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
Lastly, did anything stand out in this show? Do you have any comments, additions or questions? Let us know about them in the comments below.